Take A Seat: Thrifty Chair Finds

Two of the fun things about thrifting here in Arizona are the "Sales" happening  every other weekend at Goodwill and the actual 'home store' they created. The home store that I frequently pop into is on Old Scottsdale Road called Goodwill ReDesign. It's not all donated goods - you can actually find brand new items at discounted prices in the Goodwill ReDesign store. The good feature about it is that it focuses only on homegoods like lamps, dishes, brick-a-brac, pillows and furniture - so you don't have to wade through the sea of people that sometimes crowd the apparel racks. Yesterday, while out on a day-date with my Valentine, we popped into the Goodwill ReDesign store after lunch. With the donated goods, it's hit or miss - you never know what you're going to find (just like at any thrift store). Yesterday, I spotted this interesting chair pair - for dirt cheap - and decided to go for one of the two....


The pair, although not an exact match, work well together because of their size and same cushion cover pattern...


Total score at only $9.99... 
and by the way: 
The Goodwill ReDesign Stores here in AZ 
will be having a Presidents Day Weekend Sale: 20% off ticketed price!


 Although the chair I picked up yesterday isn't for a particular project, it was too cute to pass up for a possible future project: Could be a great chair for a desk, a dressing table, or a little girls room, painted & recovered black, white, or pink...




Of the two chairs I spotted at Goodwill ReDesign, I went with the more transitional chair (above) and left the other more detailed chair (below) for some other thrifter to score...



Besides the Goodwill ReDesign Store, the Salvation Army Family Thrift Store can also have some good finds. Another good chair find I actually saw while visiting the hubs this week in Casa Grande, AZ I spotted in Salvation Army...





These slipper chairs at the Salvation Army Family Thrift Store (in Casa Grande) have great bones and vintage character to add to a space - especially a sitting area in a bedroom. Since the chairs were only $68.50 - their makeover could include a splurge on fabric, like this great print from the new Nate Berkus Collection at Calico Corners... (they too are having a sale this weekend: 25% off fabrics!)



An alternative to thrift, and still less expensive than an antique shop or vintage store is shopping consignment. One place up in Phoenix I've passed by on my way to Sweet Salvage on 7th Ave or the Salvation Army is a place called Turtles Treasures Consignment...




Note: those stripes aren't just painted onto the wicker: it comes from three different strands (brown, black, white) woven together... How COOL is that?




And although I shared this chair find the other day (I scored for my doctor office make-over project) I came across an image from York Wall-Coverings featuring a similar chair, but with the finish I envisioned for its transformation...


Chair find I scored at ReCreate Consignment - Scottsdale for $50.

York Wallcoverings - Chair transformation vision for my project.



This weekend, show some local-love for these thrfty sources...

Salvation Army Thrift Store
(location I visit more often than Casa Grande) 
725 W Indian School Road
Phoenix, AZ
(602) 788-9355 

Goodwill ReDesign Store
2115 N Scottsdale Rd  
Scottsdale, AZ 85257
(480) 425-8062

Turtle's Treasures Consignment
2133 E Indian School Rd 
Phoenix, AZ 85016
(602) 374 - 8217

ReCreate Consignment & Staging
4390 North Miller Rd . Suite 101/102

Scottsdale, AZ, 85251

(480) 607-5161

Goodwill ReDesign Store
2115 N Scottsdale Rd  
Scottsdale, AZ 85257
(480) 425-8062

 Just a little map showing some of the terrain I'm driving here in AZ...
I live at "A" - The Salvation Army I went to in Casa Grande is "D" - "H", "G", "I", "E", and "F", are some of the consignment & thrift stores I frequent in Phoenix & Scottsdale... The grid shows civilization - the green is more mountainous... and the flat white areas... desert.


Have a wonderful weekend!
Go out and get your THRIFT on!


Thanks for stopping by...





2 comments:

  1. Well shoot you should of stopped by Starbucks I would of bought you a cup of coffee while you were in Casa Grande since I work there, and live in Casa Grande! So nice you mentioned our little town :) How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no words to appreciate this post ..... I'm really impressed with this post ....cubicles West Palm Beach

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails