A COASTAL STYLE COLLABORATION WITH 1stDibs

If you've read my posts, seen my pins, or known me through the years - you know I love vintage and thrift. So imagine how thrilled & honored I was to have received an invitation to be a Guest Editor of Coastal Style for 1stdibs! The 1stdibs headquarters are located in New York, but they offer the world's finest & best selection of antique and vintage pieces - from fashion, to fine jewelry & art, to collectibles & furniture - all with the convenience of the click of a button online. One of the great things about social media is being able to team up with people and collaborate with companies - no matter where you're located. Teaming up with 1stdibs, I was able to utilize my interior style experience plus my visual merchandising expertise to create a coastal style selection of 1stdibs pieces plus inspirational images repinned from Pinterest. 


 "Longing for sandy days in the tropics and evenings on the East Coast, Interior Stylist and all-around creative force Lynda Quintero-Davids went beach-combing on 1stdibs. Inspired by the seaside outposts of classic designers such as Ralph Lauren and Barclay Butera, she assembled a breezy, sun-kissed collection that perfectly conveys the coastal lifestyle."


While visiting the pinboard Coastal Style, people are sure to be inspired, but it can also be a little overwhelming. To further help people visualize the Coastal Lifestyle pins, I also created a few lifestyle boards. Here's a screenshot of a portion of coastal style pins...



One of the many items I was crushing on while combing through all the beautiful pieces at 1stdibs  was this Regency Gilt-wood Convex Mirror - Circa 1815




I used the porthole style of the convex mirror as part of my inspiration to look through some of the fabulous fine jewelry and vintage dresses on their site. I spotted some gorgeous lapis azules stones paired with gold and a bold blue  Salvatore Ferragamo silk animal print gown (as seen on Jennifer Lopez!) Inspired by the blues, whites and gold combination, I created a lifestyle board called Coastal Couture Blues...



1stdibs ON THE COASTAL COUTURE BLUES BOARD:

FASHION:


FURNISHINGS:


One of my original inspirations to pull together blue + white + gold + natural came from iconic American designers such as Barclay Butera and Ralph Lauren...


Ralph Lauren Home



Barclay Butera




Coastal Style, however, need not all only be done in shades of blue and white. Even the most classic black & white combination can have a more Traditional - Hamptons coastal style, while a mix of vintage accents and chippy painted woods can reflected a more rustic & relaxed coastal style. Luckily, 1stdibs has both looks to choose from...

  

Traditional Style - Hamptons Coastal Couture














Relaxed Coastal Style

 Both above coastal lifestyle boards I created were inspired by sailing off the east coast.


Along with being grateful for the invite from 1stdibs, I LOVE the way 1stdibs created a quote pin for our Coastal Style‬ board. When I was invited to pin, I was also asked to give them a quote about my personal style and one about what makes shopping at 1stdibs special. 



There are so many beautiful pieces pinned and TONS more on their site (I could get lost on there for hours!) but rather than keep on sharing here in this post, it's probably better if you see the pins for yourself. Stop by and visit the Coastal Style board 
for more Coastal Style inspiration and to even shop while you pin. 




On the 1stdibs site you can find collection assortments featured in other categories such as Country Club, Endless Summer, Small Spaces and -- just in time for the Royal Baby: Haute Nursery. Some other 1sidibs collaboration with well known designers have been Kelly Wearstler, Grant K Gibson, and Kathryn Ireland to name a few...


 Fashion & Interior Design luminary Kelly Wearstler inspires the languid sensibility of 1970s Southern California

San Francisco-based interiors guru Grant K. Gibson exemplifies The New Modern

Million Dollar Decorator Kathryn M. Ireland shares her selections to decorate a Classic Paul Williams Estate in Beverly Hills





Thank you 1stdibs - and thank you for stopping by...







4 comments:

  1. I'd definitely get the burnt orange Charlotte!

    shanahattis at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just fabulous for you, Lynda! I am so glad that 1st Dibs recognized your talent and thank you for using http://olioboard.com to create these beautiful style boards!

    Leslie || @tkpleslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother recommended I might like this web site. He was once totally right. This put up truly made my day. You can not consider simply how so much time I had spent for this information! Thank you!
    Fine cubic zirconia jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great inspiration and design concepts. Happy Summer.
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails